Register | Forum login
Click here for emailing your CV to over 60K employers and agencies.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Plan a Trip to Matheran
28-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Rainbow 

Plan a Trip to Matheran

Matheran is the closest hill station to Mumbai in the Sahyadri hill range in Raigad district of Maharashtra State, India. It is situated at a height of 803 meters above sea level. A narrow gauge railway line (toy train) connects Matheran to Neral a station in plains close to Mumbai. Motor vehicles are completely banned in Matheran, which makes it quite peaceful and pollution free despite literally thousands of visitors coming to it daily. Matheran is the most favorite escape destination to unwind for Mumbaikars. The best time to visit Matheran is post-monsoon (October - January). It is truly spectacular at this time of the year with lush greenery, waterfalls and the lakes full with water.

You will be charged Rs.40 (adult) and Rs.20 (child) to enter into Matheran. The toy train is the most enjoyable journey through serene green forest, but you can get there by car only up to Dasturi, where you have to park your car. From there you must take either horseback ride or man-pulled rickshaw ride for about 40 minutes along a mud track.

There are all kinds of restaurants in Matheran serving various cuisines. Most hotels offer packages including all meals. Try the Gujarati Thali, or the Maharashtrian style Vada-Pav (Indian Burger)which is available at the various points. Also, try the chikki which is available in different flavors in the main market.

The weather is truly excellent as you can walk around even in summer without feeling too uncomfortable. Morning is the best time from trekking but be ready for a hazy view as the cloud covers the place at early morning.

There are lot of hotels for overnight stay, but very expensive particularly on the week end. However, there are several locals who have turned their houses in the villages into tourist cottages. These are very cheap and clean but don't expect too much service.

For more tourist information about Matheran Click Here
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

08-10-2013, 01:55 PM

RE: Plan a Trip to Matheran

Matheran Falls is very nice place and full of technical power. They offered many different but interesting devices to enjoy our life so now I want to visit in Matheran for spending my holidays and buying some devices and also head phones that I need to listen voices when I talk with my brother who is live in USA. As my knowledge this is best choice to get any devices from Matheran falls. So now I just need to know the price of first flight tickets so if you tell me I really thank full to you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply